Candle Care Guide

Trim the wick to 5mm before lighting.  If the wick is too long your flame will be too large and you may experience sooting and smoking.  If you get a mushroom on the top of the wick then nip it off when it is cold. If soot forms on the inside surface of the container you can wipe it with a cloth once the candle is cool.

The first time you burn your candle it is important that the wax melts to the edge of the container, otherwise you will get tunnelling (wasted wax around the edge of the glass).  You will need to allow a couple of hours for your first burn to achieve a complete melt pool.

Only burn the candle on a level, fire resistant surface.

Keep the candle free from any foreign materials such as matches and wick trimmings.

Do not leave a lighted candle unattended and keep away from draughts, pets and children.

Don’t burn your candle for any more than 4 hours at a time.

Don’t worry if the surface of your candle looks frosted or changes colour, your candle is made from a natural product without any stabilising additives so it will react to its environment.  The fragrance oil used can change the colour of the soy wax from white to cream or even beige, but this doesn’t affect the safety or performance of your candle.